Utilities Transfer Information

Ok, so you’re just about to close on your home purchase or sale, what do you do for the utilities? Does it just magically get setup for you? Maybe, or maybe not ;^)

Property tax bills should be moved to the new owner, generally done by the city or your lawyer on closing.

Here’s additional information:

City of Ottawa (water/sewer/taxes):


Call 3-1-1 or 613.580.2400

Enbridge (Natural Gas)


Customer Connections Contact Centre at 1-888-427-8888.

Hydro Ottawa:

Online form to be completed at least 10 business days prior to the move:


Rogers Moves Concierge:


Or call: 1.866.841.3705

Bell Moving:



It’s also a great idea to go through all your personal bills, banking, insurance and contacts to make sure everyone is updated properly. You might also consider paying Canada Post to forward your mail, here’s the link:


T&P West's Testimonial

Finding the right realtor to sell our house was not a simple task. Only after lengthy research did we settle […]

Read More

Ottawa Real Estate average sale prices for March 2021

Up, up and away. If can share additional stats if you like, message me are comment below. Are we are […]

Read More