COVID-19: Ottawa Real Estate in the first few days
Dan Discusses the Effects of COVID-19 on Ottawa Real Estate
Turns out I had a lot to say about many different aspects of the real estate market in Ottawa after the Pandemic came and semi-lockdown began.
In the video I cover:
– how showings have been going — gloves, special shoes, lysol wipes, etc.
– multiple offers!!! Still? Yes.
– how will we handle listings?
– what’s best for you as a buyer? As a seller?
– moving forward in the short term?
– will market slow down?
– still a seller’s market?
– some buyers will stop looking
– Pandemic is affecting everyone!
– now is a good time to think
– second wave
– what happened during 2008 financial crisis? How did it affect Ottawa? A historical perspective.
– highly motivated buyers and sellers are still in the market
– if it’s not urgent you may want to pause your real estate moves
– social commentary on common buyers/sellers in Ottawa
– need to sell? Ok with strangers coming through your home?
– realtors should take exceptional precautions in your home, or maybe just don’t list it yet.
About 8 minutes in I make some predictions, that I am bound to regret, about the real estate market and how it will rebound after the Pandemic passes.
Here’s the link to the Moneysense story and background page I used in the video.
I’m here to educate, inform and guide you through the buying, selling and real estate investment process.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Also, be sure to sign up for my newsletter.
Dan Moloughney, Broker of Record
Ottawa Urban Realty Inc.
Here is a quick overview of the statistics for home sales in Ottawa in June 2020:Read More ›
Help the Ottawa Food Bank while appreciating art!Read More ›