January 2019’s Record-Breaking Home Sales Statistics
The Ottawa Real Estate Board (OREB) just released their statistics and comments on the market for January 2019.
Despite the record snowfall and cold weather the number of sales were the highest for the month of January is several decades.
- 820 residential properties sold through MLS® compared to 708 in January 2018
- an increase of 15.8%
- 611 of the 820 were in the “residential” property class (non-condo)
- 209 of 820 were in the condominium property class
- the 5 year average for January sales is just over 683
- BUYERS are MOTIVATED
- prices have increased over January 2018, but new home sales have tempered the increase
- $300,000 to $449,999 price point is most active
Be sure to contact Dan Moloughney at Ottawa Urban Realty agent to discuss further.
Other videos in the BLOG for commentary and Statistics:
- Condo commentary for 2018 and going forward
- What happened in Ottawa Residential Real Estate in 2018 and what’s going to happen in 2019?
Here is a copy of the Ottawa Real Estate Board news release: